Posted: April 21, 2021
Golden Light Acupuncture, PC is a holistic family practice based out of New Paltz, NY.
We welcome patients of all ages and stages, and specialize in pain management, pediatrics, and reproductive health. We are growing our office in New Paltz and looking for the right person to join our team as soon as possible.
JOB TITLE: Patient Experience Liaison / Medical Receptionist
JOB SUMMARY: The Patient Experience Liaison/Medical Receptionist is responsible for guiding the patient experience at Golden Light Acupuncture from answering phone calls and email inquiries, to welcoming patients for their visit, taking payments, setting up appointments, communicating on behalf of the practice, and assisting with office upkeep.
The Patient Experience Liaison will help further the mission of Golden Light Acupuncture, work in collaboration with the clinicians, and serve to be a grounding force for the office by working with flowing efficiency.
EMPLOYMENT: Part-time (Approximately 20 hours per week)
- Monday-Thursday: 1p-6p
IDEAL CANDIDATE: You are a compassionate and detail-oriented person, ideally with experience working in medical/professional offices and a familiarity with acupuncture and East Asian medicine. You are responsive, kind, and reliable. You are a calming person who helps others feel grounded. You are a professional team player with a natural ability to relate to a wide range of personalities. You will brighten a place you are in, anticipate needs of people and space, and not get overwhelmed or distracted too easily. You have good computer skills with the ability to learn new platforms quickly. You are friendly and pleasant to work with. (so are we!)
Golden Light Acupuncture, PC is a holistic family practice with a commitment to integrity, sincerity, and community. We are a collaborative team of professionals who work together to support patients as best as possible. We love our work, our office, and our community of patients and want to see everyone thrive in their life. We believe that the experience in our office should be nourishing for everyone, including our staff.
- Contribute to the positive experience of patients at Golden Light Acupuncture
- Answer phone calls and email inquiries from new and existing patients
- Welcome and screen (COVID protocol) patients
- Receive and process payments
- Coordinate scheduling and rescheduling patients to help keep the calendar flowing
- Work in collaboration with office’s medical biller to receive, relate, process necessary insurance information
- Communicate with patients on the behalf of clinicians
- Coordinate laundry distribution within the office (prepare for and receive laundry service)
- Maintain the cleanliness of office shared spaces (reception, bathrooms, etc)
- Assist with any other tasks as requested by the clinical staff
- High School Graduate
- Digital: excellent computer skills, familiar with Google Suite (email, drive, docs), and ability to learn payment and EHR platforms as trained
- Able to perform all tasks as needed for the job
- English language fluency
- $15-$17/hour based on experience with opportunities for performance-based raises
If interested, please submit a current resume and cover letter by email only to Michael@GoldenLightAcupunctureNY.com
Golden Light Acupuncture is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.