The Golden Light Acupuncture “Residency Program” is a post-graduate training program for Licensed Acupuncturists looking to deepen their clinical skills while working with a team of experienced and collaborative practitioners, in a nourishing environment. The selected applicant will need to be licensed in New York and credentialed through insurance programs that we participate with (Optum, MVP/Cigna, etc). We are located in New Paltz, in New York’s majestic Hudson Valley, 90 minutes north of NYC.
Commitment: this is a 2-year program that will give a Licensed Acupuncturist an opportunity to work and grow in collaboration with a team of dedicated Acupuncturists. We are committed to the growth of the profession and to you as an individual/part of the team, and we are asking in exchange, you commit to two years at the practice. This is also important from a patient-care perspective to allow for continuity of treatments and relationships to develop. At the conclusion of the 2-year program, we can discuss further employment opportunities.
Specialized training: the team at Golden Light Acupuncture specializes in pain management, pediatrics, and reproductive health. There are hours each week set aside for assisting/training our experienced practitioners, including case review. Based on areas of interest, we will co-create a hands-on training program that may include (as an example):
- Tui Na
- Orthopedic Acupuncture (Sinew treatments, Trigger Points, etc)
- Reproductive Health (menstruation support, fertility support, pre/post-natal care, menopausal, etc)
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Pulse and Tongue Analysis
- Practice Management and Development
- and more…
- Approximately 40 hours per week working as Licensed Acupuncturist with hours included for on-site training and mentoring.
Weekly Schedule (Draft)
- 12-7pm clinical assisting Dr. Michael LaFemina, D.Ac, MS Ed, L.Ac and/or Suzanne Connole, MSTOM, L.Ac, or treating patients independently
- 9a-1p: treating patients independently
- 2p-6p: clinical assisting Marika LaFemina, MS Ac, L.Ac
- 9a-12p: clinical assisting w/ Golden Light Acupuncturists
- 1p-7p: treating patients independently
- 9a-12p: clinical assisting w/ Golden Light Acupuncturists
- 1p-6p: treating patients independently
- Friday: 9a-4p treating patients independently
Job Description for Licensed Acupuncturist + Resident
The Licensed Acupuncturist will contribute to the greater health of the New Paltz and surrounding communities by providing high quality acupuncture services to patients in Golden Light Acupuncture’s New Paltz office. You will work in collaboration with the acupuncturists on staff, and the diverse group of healthcare professionals with whom Golden Light Acupuncture collaborates with regularly. In addition to clinical services, you will have some administrative responsibilities to support the day-to-day functions of the practice.
The Acupuncturist + Resident will also be expected to attend clinic assisting hours with our clinicians. This will be time to take notes, witness treatments, and assist the clinician as needed. There will be additional mentoring and supervision time for asking questions about patients.
You are a (NY State) licensed acupuncturist (or soon to be licensed) who has a grounding presence and an excitement to grow as a clinician. You are a team player, caring, attentive, and kind. You are trustworthy, reliable, honest, and compassionate. You thrive in a collaborative group. You have good communication skills and can resonate with patients of all ages and professionals of any background. You are on a path of self cultivation and looking to be the best person you can be. You want to join a growing family practice and are able and willing to treat children and adults, or open to learning. You have training in Chinese Herbal Medicine in addition to acupuncture and bodywork.
Golden Light Acupuncture, PC is a holistic family practice with a commitment to integrity, sincerity, and community. We are a collaborative team of professionals who work together to support patients as best as possible. We love our work, our office, and our community of patients and want to see everyone thrive in their life. We believe that the experience in our office should be nourishing for everyone, including our staff.
The co-founders, Marika LaFemina, MS LAc and Dr. Michael LaFemina, DAc, MS Ed, L.Ac both treat patients through a variety of styles and modalities to deliver the best possible care to our patients, including Classical Chinese Acupuncture, TCM, Japanese Acupuncture, APM, Herbs & Supplements, Tui Na, Shiatsu, Cranial Sacral Therapy, and more. Suzanne Connole, MSTOM, L.Ac is a Licensed Acupuncturist and Chinese Medical Herbalist with twenty years of experience as a clinician and teacher. Our clinicians have a world of diversity in our training and treatments and are continually learning through professional development and reflective practice. Our team also includes an Office Manager and a Receptionist, both of whom are inspiring and caring people.
- Masters or Doctorate degree from an accredited Acupuncture College (or close to graduation)
- New York State Acupuncture License with clean professional record (or will be applying for licensure)
Computer skills: familiarity with Google Professional suite (Gmail/Docs/Calendar/etc), familiarity with Apple computer systems, general ability to perform computer tasks online and offline. We use Unified Practice for EHR.
Salary + Benefits:
- $42,500 annual (W2)
- Two weeks PTO + paid holidays (federal + religious)
- Malpractice Insurance
- CEU stipend and/or direct CEUs for trainings
- Bonus opportunities in year 2
How to Apply:
- Send a resume + cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Acupuncture Residency Application”
- Applications accepted until a candidate is selected.
If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact the office at 845-420-2554 or firstname.lastname@example.org