Children are special – they deserve a specialist.
We happily work with children of all ages – from newborns to adolescents.
About Pediatric Acupuncture
Based on the same principles of Chinese Medicine and practiced for many centuries, pediatric acupuncture is different from adult acupuncture.
Treatments are fun, interactive, and child-centered. Whereas adults commonly have needles inserted and maintained for an extended period of time, that is hardly ever the case with children.
We incorporate a variety of non-invasive or minimally invasive techniques, including:
- Acupuncture needles inserted and removed quickly one at a time
- Shonishin techniques to stimulate the skin and meridians
- Massage (muscular and visceral)
- Lymphatic drainage
- Craniosacral therapy
- Dietary counseling
- Lifestyle counseling (sleep, meditation, etc)
What to expect in a course of treatment
- Intake and comprehensive health history
- Detailed discussions about diet, sleep, life at home (and school)
- Physical exam and assessment from Chinese Medicine Perspective
- Treatment planning and follow through
We regularly work with pediatric patients from newborns to teenagers on a variety of issues and conditions:
- Acute musculoskeletal injuries
- Behavioral and emotional issues
- Coughs, colds, ear infections
- Digestive imbalances (upset stomachs and constipation/diarrhea)
- Eczema and rashes
- Sleeping issues (including bedwetting)
- Supporting chronic conditions
- Vaccine Support
In this video, Marika is demonstrating how to use gentle massage in a treatment for young children.
If you have any questions about pediatric (or adult) acupuncture,
please call or text us at (845) 420-2554