Updated July, 2020
We always work to establish a comfortable, safe, and nurturing environment for your treatment. During the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are adhering to the following protocols to protect everyone’s health:
– We are working within the guidelines of CDC, OSHA, and our professional association.
– All patient visits are 1 hour with a 15 minute break in between to disinfect all contact surfaces and air out the room. We are using EPA-approved disinfectant for COVID 19 for all surfaces.
– All patients will be screened for temperature, pulse O2, and a short survey to screen for COVID-19.
– Pre-screening: if you answer yes to any of the below three criteria, we kindly ask that you contact us to arrange for tele-health visit or to reschedule:
- if you have tested positive for COVID 19, or are awaiting results of a test
- if you have been in close contact (for extended time) with someone who is actively positive
- if you have experienced two or more of the following new symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, fever, repeated shaking with chills, headache, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, sore throat
Here’s a short video to walk you through what to expect when you arrive.
We have telehealth appointments available and there are no cancellation fee for canceling appointments for anyone affected by COVID-19. If you or someone in your family suspects or confirms infection, please notify us immediately and do not come to the office.
Patients are asked to:
– please arrive on time, but not more than 5 minutes early. Kindly wait in your car if you are earlier. This helps us to maintain social distancing requirements as our waiting area is not large enough for spacing.
– please wear a mask at all times that covers your nose and mouth (unless you are face down on the table).
– please wash your hands with soap and water in the bathroom upon entering the building. If possible, it is suggested to use the bathroom at home.
- work to create a safe and comfortable environment for patients
- daily pre-screening for temperature, O2, survey
- wear a mask at all times during treatments
- wash hands in accordance with CDC recommendations
- keep a log of office disinfecting
- wear scrubs when working (scrubs only worn for one day, then laundered)
We are adhering to the recommendations of our professional association. Click here to read the Acupuncture Society of New York’s Safety Plan.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.